Are you plagued with facial dark spots? Have you ever wondered what causes it? Well you are not alone. My sister has them too. In fact, every morning she will murmur and complain.
If you do some research, you will find lots of remedies for facial dark spots. Natural remedies are most people’s preferred choice as they usually don’t cost much and are non-invasive. All you need for the treatment can be found at your nearest market or store.
Here are some remedies that I’ve come to know about that will help improve your facial dark spots:
- Eat lots of foods rich in Vitamin E such as listed below:
* Vegetable oils. Corn, canola, sunflower, sesame, cottonseed, rice bran, and palm oils.
* Nuts like almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios and hazelnuts.
* Oil seeds, legumes and grains. Corn, lentils, wheat, rice, northern beans, chickpeas, barley grass and oats.
* Wheat germ oil extracted from the germ of wheat.
- Pile up on the vegetables and fruits such apple, avocado, banana, blackberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, dates, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guavas, plum, pear, raisins, strawberry, tomato and watermelon.
- Fruits are not just for eating. Other than for consumption, fruits like papaya also make a wonderful facial mask to combat dark spots. Mash up a ripe papaya and then add in some yogurt, lemon juice and egg white. Apply onto your face for around 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Mix together one tablespoon each of oatmeal, yoghurt and sour cream. Add a few drops of lime juice. Massage your face with this paste and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it away with water.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Add milk and fruit juices to your diet.
- Apply “kalamansi” on the blemished area. You can also use lime and other citrus fruits like lemon and oranges. They are all useful in lightening your complexion. They act as a natural bleaching agent.
- Mix together sour milk or cream and honey. Apply this paste on your face every day. Honey is a natural moisturizing agent while the lactic acid in sour milk lightens the complexion of the skin without irritating it.
- Massage your skin with aloe vera juice or gel every night before going to bed.
Natural remedies may not work as quickly as specialized skin care products. So don’t expect instant results. However, with patience and diligence, you can look forward to better looking skin.