Who said that acne is limited to the facial area? Well, there are many individuals suffering from chest acne. The good news is that there are ways to get rid of acne!
Ways to Eliminate Acne
When a person has chest acne, his / her tendency is to hide it. With the help of a medical professional, this condition is treatable. In fact, before you make use of commercial acne treatments, you have to experiment on the natural options like the following:
- The body needs a lot of water and if you're an active person, you need 8 to 10 glasses each day. This can aid in flushing out toxins and will result in faster healing of your skin.
- You have to pick clothes that are not tight fitting. What clothes do you usually wear? Loose clothes will prevent rubbing of the skin which can irritate the chest acne. Avoid rubbing or scratching the acne because you will spread the bacteria all over your chest. More bumps will appear over time.
- Some people try pressing the acne to chuck out the pus but you should not do this as it can lead to cystic acne. Popping the pimples can be tempting but you have to control yourself.
- It's best to use anti-bacterial soap so that it can kill the acne bacteria present in your body. Such products can be found in local stores and supermarkets. Check the label to see if there are harmful ingredients. When using the soap, do not scrub it over the chest area. You have to be very gentle.
- Another natural solution is paying close attention to your diet. Avoid eating fatty and greasy foods because this can lead to more acne problems. Instead, try to eat more of fresh vegetables and fruits. These food items contain essential minerals and vitamins that fight acne or pimples. You have to eat the right foods at the right amount.
- After combing your hair and you touched other things that are oily, do not touch your chest area. The oils in your hands will only make the acne problem worse.
These are some of the simple things that you can do to prevent or stop chest acne. If the natural solutions do not work, it's time to consult your doctor about your problem. You can make use of a treatment disinfectant right after you shower. This solution has benzoyl peroxide that fights bacteria. To prevent skin drying, you have to use non-comodegenic lotions. Spot treatments also work well like ointments and topical creams. You can apply them at night before going to bed. Most of these treatments contain a combination of zinc, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, salicylic acid, and cucumber.
Before wearing clothes, you have to use an acne chest concealer. This is also good for treating acne on the chest and will prevent further irritation. It pays to know some great solutions to eliminate the unwanted acne. Know the options and you will know what to do. This is a problem that needs immediate attention.